Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How did you get your nick?

• Please log in to reply

TamayokeNoGarimi

TamayokeNoGarimi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well .....
* I eat my favorite food/condiment like a side dish (as well as my hair color description)
* I had phenomenal good luck over the years and
* was pretty diesel a while when pursuing semi pro DH gravity assist racing
(PIG RIGS RULE-roadies drool)
My Internet friend while going to school in the states, he gave me the moniker when learning my nickname and meeting a few times to see me eat like an invading hun army.
So he rolled all but one of my nicknames into one!

Advertisements

TamayokeNoGarimi

TamayokeNoGarimi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Oh!
The loose translation!

"Ginger Pickles the Bulletproof Beauty"
(there is some kind of wordplay in the characters thaty makes it so)

hawklord

hawklord

• PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
hi,

nothing special, got mine from the best band in the world - Hawkwind

:)

Chula Grande

Chula Grande

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Hi...........

I've never done this before and am not sure how to proceed. I have a problem with my acer computer cam and would like some direction.
The nick name is really my horses. He is a Big Showoff Arabian, Chula Grande. And I also have 2 Arab Mares.( 3 horses.) I am female and past 65.
Love the computer stuff, just to try and figure it out. I live 50 mi from a school that i could learn from but to far to go. Live in the Pacific NW at the base of the marble mountains.

So I guess that is enough info.

antmanbee

antmanbee

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
From song on Captain Beefhearts "Trout Mask Replica" ....ant man bee.
I like Zappa
Zomby Woof seemed have been taken...
as well as Florentine Pogen...
"Planet of the Baritone Women" wouldn't work
"Evelyn the modified dog"...nope
"Duke of Prunes" nope
Captain Beefheart and Zappa go together in my mind
Antmanbee works

alldreamsfalldown

alldreamsfalldown

• Pip
  • 6 posts
My name is a line that was part of an opening monologue that 'Godspeed you black emperor' would read out before some shows.
http://brainwashed.c.../liveintro2.htm

okumu

okumu

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Okumu is my real name. I just love my name and am ok with it.

Them_Bonez

Them_Bonez

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I chose this handle because the song 'Them Bones' from Alice In Chains is one of my favorite songs. I changed the last letter to Z because when I try to register at other sites it always says that names is already taken, haha. :)

traveler818

traveler818

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
How did I get my nick? I left a town north of Monterey, CA for a 3-month business trip (maybe Gilligan would have been more appropriate), then bad things happened and I had to do something ASAP. So I ended up in a small desert town 80 miles east of San Diego, CA. Summer temps from July through October run between 100 and 120 degrees F. I pinch my pennies all year for the day I reach my limit. My doctor is up north, so it's a good excuse to run. So is the heat: the summer population here drops from 10,000 to 2,000. And there's free live music up there.

I love to travel, especially up and down the Calif. coast highway: wind in my hair, my Jack Daniels bandana (on my head, not in it), singing and soaking in the natural beauty for hours and hours. I look for unknown campgrounds, local events, places to eat good food cheap, museums, whatever. I take a day to do whatever I have the energy for: rest, watch the dolphins play; hunt for jade, sun myself on the beach, walk, & enjoy the antics of the wildlife--they get into some hilarious pickles if you're paying attention, though I could have lived without having a skunk land on my pillow while I slept. For some reason, I love to cross the golden gate bridge, then there's a lot more to see on the way to Mendocino. Someday, I want to explore eastern CA--the giant redwoods and rivers there. I need a guitar, a camera, and an RV to complete this picture. I have now outlived the expectations of 4 doctors under difficult circumstances: my dream is to enjoy the rest of my life doing these things leisurely rather than on the fly.

As for the 760, the computer picked that. I have been using 818 wherever I can. 818 means something good to me: traveler818. Can I change that here since we're on the subject or would it be too confusing?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts

As for the 760, the computer picked that. I have been using 818 wherever I can. 818 means something good to me: traveler818. Can I change that here since we're on the subject or would it be too confusing?

Done! :)

Advertisements

traveler818

traveler818

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
Cool. Thank you. once again PEACE

Jeffronic

Jeffronic

• Pip
  • 5 posts
This is my first post.... Greetings.

My name is Jeff.
About 20 years ago I spent an entire weekend trying to fix a tape deck, non stop, with minimal sleep.
After finally giving up, one of the people I was living with called me Jeffronic. (derogatory contraction of Jeff and electronic)
Years later, I drove myself nuts trying to come up with a screen name that wasn't already taken. That's when I remembered Jeffronic.
The name is so stupid that I'm able to use it anywhere without someone else having it.
If you see Jeffronic anywhere, there's a good chance it's me.

DjLoveMonkey

DjLoveMonkey

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My nickname came from my on air DJ name in college I had a 4-8 am show so I figured I needed a name that would grab some attention to my listeners. I thought it up because I really love my niece who I nicknamed my monkey so therefore I came up with DjLoveMonkey.

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
usasma = United States Army Sergeants Major Academy.

It was my last duty station before I retired from the military.

Oreo Collas

Oreo Collas

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I got my name Oreo for a couple simple reasons. First, I absolutly love Oreos. Simple enough. Second is cause I loce skunks, so people have just started calling me Oreo.