Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How did you get your nick?

• Please log in to reply

frustrated03

frustrated03

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Now, I realise this is perhaps a leetle obvious, but why do you think I picked this nick? :happy:

Advertisements

ZANGIN

ZANGIN

• Pip
  • 0 posts
In high school, I knew I needed to come up with "handle" for my blossoming online presence. There was no Internet in 1979, but we had BBS's, and i had access to the county school system Honeywell 6600 mainframe, the local university's Cyber mainframe, and Compuserve! So one day at school while sitting in my computer class I started writing down different names.. It had to look and sound cool. Originally I used *ZANGIN*, but have since lost the astricks because many sites won't let you use them as part of a nickname.

It was a made up word that sounded cool to me.. Pronounced like "hang in" but with a Z, as opposed to "Zan Jin".
It just stuck with me and I've used it ever since!

flutterybys

flutterybys

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I came up with my nick because I like butterflies and I was attempting to "be at peace" as I was incredibly frustrated attempting to create a nick which did not contain numbers on a different site-I have enough trouble remembering my own name much less a user name that has random numbers attached. Obviously butterflies are extremely popular and so of course the site added those lovely random numbers so I flipped it to flutterybys which had no numbers (Hallelulah!!!!) As a bonus I thought it would be easy for people to get and spell, etc. Ya not so much but it does remind me to be more zen and less :blink: :angry: :wacko: :tazz: :bashhead: :killcomp: :smashcomp:

flutterybys

flutterybys

• Pip
  • 1 posts
totally feelin ya love my PC hate my PC. I have to say I find it ironic that this site has a welcome area and this really positive vibe and yet i'm guessing many people who search out a site like this are feeling a bit :help: :tazz: i'm just hoping when all is said and done I feel more :cheers: :notworthy: :rockon: have a great day.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts
Not the Introductions area but in any event :welcome: flutterybys

Little Muddy

Little Muddy

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Part of the my regard for the great blues singer Muddy Waters, and part of the english translation of a Cree name for the village I live in, by a large inland lake it's named after.
allen behind
As an introduction I'm a longtime computer user and vintage collector. I'm on the trailing edge of computers of course, and still learning about the XP desktop and Pavillion computers I got last year. I know older computers from CPMs, Atari,TRS, Commodores,Apples,and even Next's, and MSPCs up to Win 98, but I've fallen behind newer developments, as I pass my 3/4 century timeline. Unfortunately a careless moment allowed me to be infected by a particularly viscious virus, which is why I am here.

Edited by Little Muddy, 31 March 2012 - 12:47 AM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Little Muddy
Welcome to Geeks to Go and I see you have posted a topic in our Malware forum and received a reply
http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

aayushagra

aayushagra

• Pip
  • 0 posts
When i was making my first ever mail i couldnt use my full name, one of the suggestions were aayushagra.
Liked it, even tho i changed my mail i prefer to keep aayushagra as my identity.

samplerdave

samplerdave

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
It came from my occupation. I used to prepare samples for analysis at a metallurgy lab, and my name is Dave.

Edited by samplerdave, 24 April 2012 - 06:00 AM.

Chippychap

Chippychap

• Pip
  • 1 posts
bit of a boring one here.
We owned a fish and chip shop and the locals when referring to me used to say "that chippy chap"
At the time it totally described me so it stuck. :blush:

Advertisements

tiitot

tiitot

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Hi, I had a cockatiel named tikitot

SwitchCase

SwitchCase

• Pip
  • 3 posts

I got this from Java Programming Language. :thumbsup:

mrsmoogers

mrsmoogers

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I adopted my cat he came with the name of Smoogers (soft "g") and I always add Mr or Miss to my pets' names. Hence Mr Smoogers or mrsmoogers.

sahilwaste

sahilwaste

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
hi, my nickname is consist of two parts first one [Sahil] thats my real name..and the second one [Waste] that part i joined with my name bcoz most people around me think i waste too much time on internet..so i thought why not join waste with my name...and now most of the community's where i am a member know me as "sahilwaste"
thats the story..:)

sahilwaste

sahilwaste

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
edit: sorry i accidentally double clicked the Post button and the post is double posted...really sorry.

Edited by sahilwaste, 07 May 2012 - 10:04 PM.