Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How did you get your nick?

• Please log in to reply

johnanthonyhome

johnanthonyhome

• Pip
  • 1 posts
First name John. Middle anthony. And I'm at home. johnanthonyhome. I wanted something i could use anywhere that nobody would have. I belive im the only one on earth.

Advertisements

todo

todo

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
i don't remember if i posted in this topic

but i was in hurry and have a lot of stuff todo ;) so i choose todo

stimpidog777

stimpidog777

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My dog of course... :whistling:

enolagay

enolagay

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
enolagay......ive use this username for the 3 or so years ive been on -line.........

some people just havent a clue :confused: :rolleyes: :huh: :unsure: and think it is some gay meaning......

that includes workmates who :blush: when i tell them what it means....

ive always liked the name, the song and the history behind the name.....

pi-ppo

pi-ppo

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Retired last November from a long career as a Psychotherapist/Professor of Psychology. I specialized in Police Pschology.

Now am a PI (Private Investigator) & PPO (Personal Protection Officer... a Bodyguard).

I have been a Bodyguard for over forty years and have had a lot of fun at it.

Doc

PetrosGR

PetrosGR

• Pip
  • 7 posts
When I got down here, my employer had difficulty in pronouncing my name properly due to his very poor foreign language skills. In the end we settled for the Greek equivalent of peter which is fine as the locals here tend to engage more with you if your name is closer to their traditions. Not to mention the girls too :-) ...

Sunnovah

Sunnovah

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
When I was a kid I picked the online handle Sunnovah because I was into astronomy. Sun being the Sun, Nova being a star exploding, and H being Hydrogen. Also I heard it alot when I was pwning my friends on X-box live. :P

NightFury12

NightFury12

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
I had selected the Handle name as Nightfury12, as I'm impressed very much with the Dragon Named NightFury from the movie How to train your Dragon and of-course I selected it in 2012.
My Character is approximately equal to that Dragon in that movie. Came here to learn and share...:-)

nick89

nick89

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Nick is the fake name I used to set up my new temp email after being hacked and spending 89 dollars to buy a new hard drive. Think it's is relevant since I'm here primarily for security concerns.. How am I doing so far? lol

frankfarmer

frankfarmer

• Pip
  • 0 posts
it's a secret

Advertisements

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts

it's a secret

So you joined just to post that eh, fair play then...;)

Noviciate

Noviciate

Confused Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,567 posts
Because I have toast for breakfast. :blink:

TruthSerum

TruthSerum

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I quit smoking a month ago by using e cigs. Many vendors make flavors for the e juice and some are amazing. My favorite at the moment is where my user name came from.

Gizzy57

Gizzy57

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
I got my nick name by a friend of mine on My Space about 4 years ago but it started out to be Gizmo and that name was given to me by another friend who helped me learn to build a computer and do some tech work on them and he is my right hand man lots of times. I used to post in forums when I had computer problems and the subject was always them dang gremlins are at it again and they took over my PC so please help well that started it all cause the next thing I knew my screen name became Gizmo then when I met this other friend in myspace he didn't like calling me Gizmo cause he said it was not a girls name so he stated calling me Gizzy but it don't end there cause I have so many nick names it isn't funny...My very first nick name is Jo which my hubby calls me and that has been the name everybody calls me here in my house and family but on the PC its Gizzy/Gizmo/Crashpad and the story behind crashpad is again from a tech forum and that name came from me talking to one of the gentleman in there about my learning to fly a plane and couldn't keep it up in the air. My hubby even bought me the program Flight Simulator with the RC controls and all and I still can't keep those planes in the air..lol so this guy calls me crashpad.. :blink:

Hugz
Gizzy

RubiksHQ

RubiksHQ

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
My online alias is RubiksHQ because at the time of registering on a forum, I was very addicted to my Rubiks Cube. The 'HQ' part of the name (which stands for headquarter) just seemed like a good add-on.