Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How did you get your nick?

• Please log in to reply

vurezo

vurezo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I went to http://textmechanic....-Generator.html and randomly generated my name from the following criteria;

• Six letters in length.
  • Only letters of same length; acemnorsuvwxz.
  • Zero results on Google.

Advertisements

Chris199

Chris199

• Pip
  • 6 posts

*TIMN

This Is My Name :spoton:

Edited by Chris199, 22 December 2014 - 03:55 AM.

kevindav

kevindav

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Combined first and last names :yeah:

IBGrizzly

IBGrizzly

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Back when CB's were popular I started using the handle Grizzly.  My future sisters-in-laws (age 1 & 5) shortened my middle name Barry to Bear because they said I reminded them of a cuddly Teddy Bear.  I changed Bear to Grizzly because I was already getting "silver-tipped".   When someone asked why, my brother-in-law broke in and said, "If you ever saw him you wouldn't ask that.  He is big as, hairy as and can be as mean as any Grizzly Bear you have seen" (6'6", 245# and had played HS football).  When the Internet started and got past the local BBS I had trouble registering with sites like Excite and Yahoo because there was already a Grizzly registered.  So I changed to IBGrizzly (I Be Grizzly).

Ron

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts

When I started posting there was this heavy metal band I really liked.
I used their name in an attempt to make them more famous.
Do you think it helped? :D

Later I started using MetallicaMVP since lots of other people started using that nick.

Alan1998

Alan1998

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Mine was fairly straightforward.

Alan is my Middle name.

1998 was the year I was born. Hence Alan1998.

TehKrisHess

TehKrisHess

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I have many nicknames in the online gaming world, all of which I have deemed myself because, well, you have to come up with your own gaming names.

My first was XStyled LightX. It sounded cool, with no meaning.

Next, we have Chairs McSit. Short lived on YouTube, it fit my fun and silly side of me, however that side of me is very small and didn't work very well for what I was doing on YouTube. The name had no specific meaning as well.

Last, we have Chromiix. This was another that I made up, and it is my current gaming name, specifically in the Cal of Duty clan I'm in, Northern Forces, or North for short. Thus, I am North Chromiix. Chromiix was something I came up with because I thought it would be funny to make one of those names with unnecessary letters in it to make it look cool (hence the two "i"s). I have no idea where it came from but it does sound cool.

I still use XStyled LightX on Xbox because I just really love that name and I've had it for years.

Oh, my forum name on here? It's my name with Teh in front. I enjoy spelling things wrong just to annoy those who care ;)

Lucky123

Lucky123

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Lucky123 - Because its a username thats lucky :)

One Virus

One Virus

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

I was searching for "cool hacker names" lmao. This was about 5 years ago I got this.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
No idea if I posted in this thread yet, but I will now :P My nickname comes from back in the days when I used to play Diablo II. My favorite class was Paladin and I just loved their aura skills. Also, I pretty much liked the definition of "aura" and the word itself, so I just decided to use it as my nickname. If I go on forums where Aura is taken, I usually append a "." at the end. If it's for gaming, I pretty much use the name "Aurakal" since it's more fitting and also "Aura" might be too short.

Advertisements

Jasy_J

Jasy_J

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

I'm not original

just my name and it's the first letter 

Zelna

Zelna

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

My nick is jammiecutts as I'm huge fan of Matt Cutts. I always want to become like him. That is why I chose this nickname :spoton:

Hashaboo

Hashaboo

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Mixed name of my loved ones!

Gman147

Gman147

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

It's from the old CN show Robot Boy. Foster comes from the main character of my favorite movie, Falling Down.

Codercozz

Codercozz

GeekU Freshman

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

I've been programming and a tech geek for about 12 years now and when I started college a friend of mine used to call me Coder and My family called me Cozz as time went on my online name became Codercozz and it's stuck from there. Not as fascinating a story as most but that is how mine got started.