Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How did you get your nick?

• Please log in to reply

ITS OVER 9000!

ITS OVER 9000!

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
well it all started with dragonballz some guy was like hey vegeta whats his power level
vegeta replies ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and on "teh internets" saying something is OVER 9000!!!!!!!!! means "wow that was quite excellent"
also im a former 4channer... whre everyone uses that quote (too bad i hate the site now)
i would post video clipsof references to things that are OVER 9000!!!!! but im not sure the links are safe... or family friendly

Edited by ITS OVER 9000!, 24 April 2008 - 10:15 PM.

Advertisements

lem.rar

lem.rar

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

well it all started with dragonballz some guy was like hey vegeta whats his power level
vegeta replies ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and on "teh internets" saying something is OVER 9000!!!!!!!!! means "wow that was quite excellent"
also im a former 4channer... whre everyone uses that quote (too bad i hate the site now)
i would post video clipsof references to things that are OVER 9000!!!!! but im not sure the links are safe... or family friendly

Then you should be familiar with the term "facepalm.jpg".

ITS OVER 9000!

ITS OVER 9000!

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
hah! i knew someone would understand what i said

the facepalm of legend rofl

playerboy

playerboy

Spammer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I like it .

MysteryMaster

MysteryMaster

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
That's the nickname I gave myself, hahaha... I'm into solving all sorts of mysteries... mainly about life, spiritual stuff, quantum physics...

dorrie

dorrie

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Dorrie was the nickname I was given in the Australian navy

clueless2geek

clueless2geek

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi! Mine has dual meaning (probably obvious): I'm clueless about most pc problems, hence I seek Geek help :) , and I would like to grow from clueless to Geek myself. :)

nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
nigglesnush85... Any one who has seen Futurama will get the reference. It just fit and stuck ever since.

Abydos

Abydos

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
Well, got several nicks, but only use Abydos in Tech/Security forums.

Choose Abydos because I like history. And Abydos is a Egyptian city with a lot of ancient history. The Egyptian
name for Abydos is actually Abdju, but the Greek named it Abydos. (As you also can read in the link below.)
And it had "Dos" in it, which fitted perfectly with the fact that I toyed and tinkered with Dos back in the "old" days(Don't remember much of it now a days). Also had my Avatar lying around (Tut'Ankh Amon) and thought it would do nicely alongside the name Abydos.

Have sometimes thought of using a Danish nick, with our somewhat unique letters (æ ø å) in it.
I would have loved to think of the English speaking members trying to "unfold" the tongue after
trying to pronounce it :)

Abydos

Edited by Abydos, 13 June 2008 - 06:32 PM.

ELItheEAGLE

ELItheEAGLE

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am the mascot for my son's school....an eagle. His/Her name is ELi the EAGLE. Great job because I always look good and look the same in pictures no matter how old I get. When in that personality I wear a full body costume or "get-up", and enjoy every single minute....even the 95 degree weather here at where we live. The eagle is referenced to the scripture "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strenth. They shall mount up on wings as eagles. They shall run and not be weary and they shall walk and not faint. Isaigh 40:31.

Advertisements

Grumpey

Grumpey

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Grumpy was taken.

neonlimousine

neonlimousine

• Pip
  • 0 posts
I would like to own a neon limousine one day. :)

kittiez

kittiez

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
I'm clearly obsessed with snakes.

flagatorfan

flagatorfan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am a die hard Florida Gator Fan - and my daughter is going there this fall! GO GATORS!!

pantah

pantah

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Mine is a modelname of a Ducati motorcycle. I'm very much into Italian motorbikes and this one was the first I ever bought and still have. Meanwhile i own several Ducati's and Laverda's. It's getting kinda out of hand honestly :)
Pantah doesn't really mean anything in Italian. I don't know where the name "pantah" originally derived from.