Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

uninstall WMP-9

• Please log in to reply

ourwilly

ourwilly

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 768 posts
because I can't install some critical updates for Window Media Player 9
I would like to uninstall it is there a safe way of doing this

Edited by ourwilly, 12 April 2005 - 04:12 AM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
The safe way is to use system restore to roll back to a previous time before wmp 9 was installed (for your system, windows ME)

ourwilly

ourwilly

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 768 posts
hi gerryf
I've had WMP9 for over two weeks now, because of this could there be another way to uninstall without causing any problems , I know I'll lose quite a bit if I restore that far back , thanks

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
you could always manually remove it, or at least some functionality---what are you trying to do here? You want to remove it and...what? Go back to wmp 8, 7, 6...or something else?

If it is opening when you don't want it to, you can change the associations. Manually removing software like wmp is a pain and can cause more problems than it's worth,