Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Ram?

• Please log in to reply

Blackryu

Blackryu

• Pip
  • 5 posts
For some reason my RAM has been removed from 312mb to 55mb. Why is this???
I have tryed scanning my computer with basically everything. Than I Reformatted my computer and im still getting the same problem, Why?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Amazing that you've been running XP and other programs with only 312 Mb of RAM! When you said you reformatted the HD, I take it you also did a full, clean install of Win XP? If so, you may have a RAM problem. Possibly download Memtest and let it run. Keep track of results when done.

Ron

Blackryu

Blackryu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yea amazing :whistling: , Right now my computer is running in safe mode with 56mb :blink: (Have to make this computer last for 3 weeks)But I have to wait 3 weeks for dell to ship me my new pc with 1G Memory. Yes I cleaned everything out. Im trying that memtest right now.

Edited by Blackryu, 18 July 2007 - 05:10 PM.

Blackryu

Blackryu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
uhh how do i use this :whistling:

Blackryu

Blackryu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Amazing that you've been running XP and other programs with only 312 Mb of RAM! When you said you reformatted the HD, I take it you also did a full, clean install of Win XP? If so, you may have a RAM problem. Possibly download Memtest and let it run. Keep track of results when done.

Ron

As in Hd Space 30G nd Ram 312 now i got 56 ram in safe mode and 55 in normal mode.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Does your PC have 384MB Ram with 64MB onboard graphics, and the 55MB is available memory

Blackryu

Blackryu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yea something like that.

Edited by Blackryu, 18 July 2007 - 08:08 PM.