Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help completely deleteing inofrmation from the internet

• Please log in to reply

hallc224

hallc224

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I have work laptop that we are allowed to use for personal use. I am getting ready to quit my job and will have to give the laptop back to my employer. I use Firefox as my browser and I am just wanting to make sure nothing that none of my history will show up.

I have not done anything bad or illegal, but there are still some things that I want to keep private. Where do I go to make sure I delete any Temporary files?

Thanks

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I would download CCleaner and check all the boxes. That should take care of all the web history.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You can either set FF to clear History upon closing browser or you can hit Ctrl+h keys and bring up your browsing history and clear it from the window. You get to see it gone from History window. LOL

I would also use CCleaner as suggested. Plus, you might want to Right-click on any drive icon that has data stored, select Properties, and do a Disk Cleanup using the button on the General tab. Select everything you want to remove from window that pops up. Defraq drive(s) if you wish afterwards.

You can access and clean some files by using IE or bringing up Internet Options from the Control Panel. Should show button to access files to clean on the General tab of Internet options window.

If you had any IM software installed you may want to delete it, but first bring up the history window and see if you can delete the chat history before deleting the program.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 18 July 2007 - 04:44 PM.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Remember that all files that are deleted are never really "gone" until they are overwritten. After deleting your temp files, clearing your auto complete, and following Ron's advice above, you may want to uninstall Firefox via Add/Remove in the Control Panel.
Johanna