Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can someone tell me

• Please log in to reply

tikyoo

tikyoo

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
can someone please tell me how to change windows vista to xp i really hate windows vista...

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
See if this helps

http://download.micr...grade_chart.doc

tikyoo

tikyoo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
hi keith thanks for replying do i need to buy cd to change windows vista to xp... is there an xp that i can download it for free...

Edited by tikyoo, 18 July 2007 - 07:11 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Looks as though you will if you have Windows Vista Home Basic or Windows Vista Home Premium, though check with Microsoft first

Am not aware of a legal download for XP

tikyoo

tikyoo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
hello keith do i reallly need cd to change windows vista to change xp... coz i read the microsoft that i need OEM...

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You will need both the CD and the license for it

Best to see what Microsoft say or ask the shop where you got the PC if there is any chance they will change it

tikyoo

tikyoo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
hi keith i got this laptop at best buy 6 days ago.. i dont think they still have computer xp at bestbuy..

Edited by tikyoo, 18 July 2007 - 11:58 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
They should have XP

Also check that they can let you have the software / driver CD's for any installed hardware and programmes as they are likely different

tikyoo

tikyoo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
wazzup keith all of bestbuy desktop and laptop are windows vista... best buy store is a popular store in united states.. check www.bestbuy.com and check all laptops and desktop.. they dont have any xp..but they have those xp cd.. can someone reply pls... not only keith..

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
An OEM (Original Equipment Manufacture) XP CD is sold with a system and is cheaper because it cannot be transferred from the system it was sold with

A retail version XP CD lets you take the operating system with you if you get a new computer

Either way, you need an XP CD and a license

The reason for asking the shop where you got it, is they may swap the operating system for a lot less than it costs to get an XP CD

Codeman0013

Codeman0013

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Give it some time man its only been 6 days wait a few weeks and then decide. Whats annoying you maybe we can help you through the problems.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi tikyoo...

I just got off the phone with Best Buy (Geek Squad) here in Montana and they will, in fact, downgrade the machines they sell from Vista to XP. You WILL have to purchase a full version of the XP software ($129.00 here), but they will install it on the machine complete with drivers (if they are available) for this price.

wannabe1

tikyoo

tikyoo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
guys thank you very,very,very much guys..for helping me.. ill appreciate your work.. u guys have a a good job in this site.. some of my friend told me about this site.. and im very happy that i became a member of this site.. my pc dont have a problem now..and i dont have to switch to xp.. thanx

your friend, tikyo

Edited by tikyoo, 21 July 2007 - 01:22 AM.