Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox Reference Error

• Please log in to reply

jonthecheet

jonthecheet

• Pip
  • 3 posts
For some reason my Firefox is not reading sites correctly. For forum sites like this, I cannot see the skin. For Yahoo Mail Beta, I cannot access it at all.

The reason I am posting this here is because I recently used ATF Cleaner for WinXP since I wanted to post a HijackThis log. I did not use the Firefox tab and I'm wondering if this had an effect. I'm pretty sure it had to do something with the ATF Cleaner because I had just checked my email before using the program, but I could be wrong.

I've already tried to reinstall Firefox twice, but I still get the error messages.

I get the following two error messages

Yahoo! Mail Beta experienced a login error

name:ReferenceError
lineNumber 604
fileName:http://us.f567.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch?action=welcome&YY=470495672&.rand=d0l7k6fdrr6kt

and

Yahoo! Mail Beta experienced a login error

name:ReferenceError
lineNumber 621
fileName:http://us.f567.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch?action=welcome&YY=470495672&.rand=d0l7k6fdrr6kt

Edited by jonthecheet, 18 July 2007 - 11:01 PM.

Advertisements

jonthecheet

jonthecheet

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry about this. I talked to a friend and it turns out that ATF Cleaner had somehow deleted the Java Plugin for Firefox.

Can an admin delete this?

Berd

Berd

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I just wanted to add that I just had this problem, because I was investigating whether my PC had malware on it. So I used ATF Cleaner, and got the same error.

My question is, is there any way to "make sure" that ATF does not delete the Java plugin?

Sorry for Hijacking the post. :whistling:

Edit: I am going to start my own post, as I am still having problems with this.

Edited by Berd, 29 July 2007 - 07:14 PM.