Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

find out IP

• Please log in to reply

blrjohn07

blrjohn07

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Dear freinds,

Is it possible to find out from which country user is giving me mail or sending me offline message in yahoo messenger ?
I mean.....I am in great problem. My younger brother leave my country for some family reason. He is sending me msg always and sending mail regularly. But he didn't tell me exactly where is he living right now. Just I need to know he is in which country ? So that Is it possible to find out by ip from his mail or offline msg ..exactly in which country he is living...

Please help me...

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it's technically possible depending on where you're getting the mail....if you're using outlook you can check the headers on the email...you can do the same with Gmail and some other web accounts...this will give you the originating mail server's info...with that and some tools you can track that back to a country...but that's not guaranteed to be an accurate representation of where the mail originated...especially if he's using webmail...those servers are distributed across the planet...so their ip's aren't always in the country that the person sent the mail from

blrjohn07

blrjohn07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Dsenette,

Thanks for your quick reply. I don't know whether I will get exact information or not. But I will check according to you.

Thanks again.

John

blrjohn07

blrjohn07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Somehow If I get IP then How will I understand that from which country ? I mean which IP for which country How Can I realize ?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
www.dnsstuff.com can do a whois lookup which will tell you the country

blrjohn07

blrjohn07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Thanks my friend...Its really helpfull...but still I am not finding the country info.