Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SPEEDY FAN--shows me motherboard temps

• Please log in to reply

doodlebug1

doodlebug1

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I downloaded SPEEDY FAN, and got the following:

AMBIENT: 40C (Both this and Remote have a green check next to it)
REMOTE: 39C
REMOTE 2: -128C (this has a blue down arrow to the left)
HDO: 199C (this has a Red Flame next to it!)

What in the heck is HDO and how do I correct this hot temp?? And is the Remote 2 ok??

Also note: I am using a small fan right in my computer to keep the CPU cool. lol. I have a passive cooling system--CPU fan broke, and decided this was adequate for the time being, as the 40C degrees shows. But please tell me what is happening with the HDO!

Nancy

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
HD0 would correspond to your hard drive (if those readings are being gathered accurately)...i refuse to believe that that number is an accurate reading though...if your HD was running at 200C you would know it...the computer surely wouldn't run and you'd physically be able to feel heat coming off the drive...that's really hot

speedfan isn't always accurate on all motherboards...some boards have sensors that speedfan can't read correctly or that report info in a different method....could also be a faulty temp sensor

could you get a good screenshot of the S.M.A.R.T. tab in speedfan?

also...you need to replace that CPU fan

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Download Eversest from the link in my signature. Run it on Computer > Sensor. Wait few seconds for the table to fill up and read the temperatures you look for in simple English. Speedfan is a program I can't stand because it always leaves you with stupid results which you have to guess what to do with. It's not the first time that I write about this in the forum. I just can't understand why it was designed this way.

Edited by The Skeptic, 19 July 2007 - 02:27 PM.

doodlebug1

doodlebug1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

also...you need to replace that CPU fan

I can't think why since my handy-dandy small walmart fan is doing an excellent job. :whistling:

doodlebug1

doodlebug1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
OK, just downloaded Everest. It shows:

Motherboard 39 °C (102 °F)
CPU 38 °C (100 °F)
SAMSUNG SV0602H 43 °C (109 °F)

Nothing about an HDO. Hopefully, I am fine, even with my handy-dandy Wal Mart fan cooling my CPU.

THANKS, Skeptic. I also booted Speed fan off.

Download Eversest from the link in my signature. Run it on Computer > Sensor. Wait few seconds for the table to fill up and read the temperatures you look for in simple English. Speedfan is a program I can't stand because it always leaves you with stupid results which you have to guess what to do with. It's not the first time that I write about this in the forum. I just can't understand why it was designed this way.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Thanks for letting us know. Temperatures look good.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I booted speedyfan quite a while ago also due to its inconsistencies and difficulty.
I now use Everest and to always monitor my temps in the system tray, I use MOTHER BOARD MONITOR (MBM)

Its a really nice program and has virtually all boards and drives.