Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Restarting Computer..

• Please log in to reply

Smackie

Smackie

• Pip
  • 3 posts
A friend of mine his computer keeps rebooting on him sometimes giving him the blue screen of death but when it gives him the blue screen of death it only stays for a few seconds and reboots.. he could just start up games and it will reboot he tried running a Anti virus scan and it reboots he can play the game Ghost Recon on there but thats it without rebooting.. he flashed out his bios so it doesn't have a virus in it he checked his memory, power supply, video card and all that but they are all good and he's not sure what to do next.. can someone help me help me plz?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
In safe mode:

Right click MY COMPUTER, choose PROPERTIES, choose ADVANCED, choose the SETTINGS button in the Startup And RECOVERY section, and uncheck AUTOMATICALLY RESTART

Now reboot. This should result in the BSOD error...report the STOP ERROR and any parameters.

Smackie

Smackie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
here is what we get..

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

*** STOP : 0x0000000A(0xF7FDFFC3,0x00000002.,x00000001,0x804DC479 )

Lykathea

Lykathea

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I think I have the same problem.

comp error

comp error

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I am sure it has to do with any new drivers installed.
(I also got a similar problem, tired of it Posted Image)

Lykathea

Lykathea

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

I am sure it has to do with any new drivers installed.
(I also got a similar problem, tired of it Posted Image)

Hmph, yeah I'm tired of it too, It was happening before I installed the new graphic drivers though. :whistling:

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Lykathea especially with Blue screen error messages. Even though your problem may be the same your underlying issue may be different. So we can track your troubleshooting steps effectively please start your own thread.

Smackie

Have you installed anything new recently Hardware or software?