Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ideas on setting up a simple CCTV?

• Please log in to reply

Mr Wiggy

Mr Wiggy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello all, my first post here, go easy please :whistling:.

I recieved a simple relatively cheap CCTV unit for my birthday 2 months ago from a friend, and now seeing if i can make use of it.

I'm hoping too connect it too my PC too be able too display the image the Camera is viewing, but also be able too switch between the image, and normal PC.

The camera is just a "Halina Home CCTV". It is one that you connect too power into the red cable and have yellow and white too connect into TV or graphics card, however it's done.

So how do i connect those 2 wires if possible at all, too show the picture on my pc screens.

Things i think that may make a difference :
Graphics card: Ati radeon gecube x800gt.
Monitor: viewsonic 22" LCD.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you would need to get a video capture card for your PC to be able to connect the RCA cables from the camera into your PC...that would allow you to view the output of the camera on your screen....the company may offer software to help record from the camera and things like that...might wanna try to find their website and maybe find a manual or something

Mr Wiggy

Mr Wiggy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok, Thanks, i'll take a look.

Also i realised i have a cable that came with my graphics card a while ago, it has 3 wire's, one red, one green, one blue.

It's similair too this: Posted Image But only has 3 colour ports none of the others.

Is there no way too utilize this too connect the camera.

Help is greatly appreciated.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
no...that's for video out on your computer...not video in

Mr Wiggy

Mr Wiggy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the help dsenette!

So i'm looking at video capture, how is this: http://www.ebuyer.co...oduct_uid=54154

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that would work...i can't vouch for quality as i have never heard of that company...and i don't personally have a capture card..

njantman

njantman

• Pip
  • 8 posts
LeadTek video capture cards are OK, I've had a WinFast 2000XP Deluxe going for about 2 years now. Just make sure you've don't have a dinky power supply.