Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Kaspersky angrin' me: Quit's browser windows!

• Please log in to reply

mokdon777

mokdon777

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Geeks To Go Staff,

I posted this post in several forums around here.

I have a little problem- Downloaded Kaspersky anti-virus Trial and bought it. I have a license. My problem(s) are:

1. I tried to download new Anti-Virus definations through the AntiVirus's menu. A error Menu appears: "Error number 8. Please contact Kaspersky Lab or your Administrator." I think that's because I have 56K internet with Proxy. I set the settings for the Proxy in the menu, but stil, dosen't work. I turned off ZoneAlarm. So, after this I tried to search Definations on the Internet, by Google. I wrote something like: "Kaspersky AntiVirus Definations". Guess what????? A kaspersky icon is flashing near the Internet icon in IE, and quits. After it, I entered into my home page (News), entered a topic, and it turned off the browser. It's happening in each site. When you enter, nothing happens, but when you click a link it's turning off. What should I do??????????????????????????????
2. After I installed Kaspersky, my computer (1.7 Mhz, Intel, 256 Ram, Lot of free hard disc space) started booting VERY Slow. It took it something like 7-10 minutes to boot up. Before I installed it, it was 3 Minutes or something like that.

How can I solve all this? I'm sure it's not spyware, because I look after my computer. There is no spyware in my Comp.

PLEASE :tazz:

Advertisements

marinegeek59

marinegeek59

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
hey 777, sorry about your prob, kav is the number one anti virus software out there however its a huge ram hog thats mostly why your pc is slo, as for your other prob id suggest contacting kav since your useing the paid version they should have a help line or at least help forums :tazz: cheers