Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Login password lost

• Please log in to reply

marty6144

marty6144

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Kniht. Tried but it was unsuccessful. What I don't understand is how the password worked for the screen saver but not for the login. That's why I question whether or not I maded a typo in creating the original passord. Again, thanks for the attempt.

Advertisements

marty6144

marty6144

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Kniht. Tried but it was unsuccessful. What I don't understand is how the password worked for the screen saver but not for the login. That's why I question whether or not I maded a typo in creating the original passord. Again, thanks for the attempt.

marty6144

marty6144

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Sorry. As much as we would like to help you, it is against GTG policy to help someone bypass or otherwise circumvent password protection. Please see a related topic giving same answer and reasons:

Windows 2000 lost login password PLEASE HELP

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 19 July 2007 - 04:35 PM.

marty6144

marty6144

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks folks for your help. I understand there are security issues with the whole thing. Just hoping for a solution :whistling: Keep up the good work that you do!