Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

home page

• Please log in to reply

rpullen

rpullen

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I sent a email yesterday. My home page won't change and I did AD-Aware and found cool web. It won;t let me delete it. what do I need to do. I sent my Hijack yesterday, but I'm not sure if it was received or how long it takes. Please any help would be great.

Advertisements

Rico750

Rico750

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
Different cleaning tools work differently.

Try spy sweeper. It takes very often care of the problem. Make sure you update the definition list first,

Rik

rpullen

rpullen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
will that also take care of CoolWebSearch. also It's called spy sweeper. Where would I find it?

friedpooodle

friedpooodle

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
There is a program for getting rid of Cool Web Search called CWShredder/Cool Web Shredder. You can download it here:

http://www.geekstogo...action=cat&id=3

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
Cool web seacrh is not so cool at all.. :tazz: yu need to get CW SHredder , and run it on your computer. you then need to probably run hijack this and other stuff and go thru the standard procedure . Cool Web Search can be a pain in the rear......

good luck

imafoxx

imafoxx

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
You could also try finding a download for a free Registry Repair