Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multimedia Desktop speaker power supply

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
This may not be exactly a question for computer people, but I purchased today a pair of Multimedia speakers at a yard sale(of all places) but looked in pretty good shape. They have a trade name on them ; "WaveSonic Multimedia Amplified speaker systems". However there was not transformer in sight, but I have quite a few of them around here.

However there was no transformer with the set, but I have quite a few around her, but there is no indication on the units what size transfomer should be use for input voltage.

I tried googling around but cannot find any infor under the search keyword of "WaveSonic" .

I took the power handling speaker apart and could only gather the following info marked on the speaker 3w, 3ohms, and 3A speaker.

wondering if i should have just left them there. I don't want to just try anything, I already cooked a set of Boss speakers a few years ago, by connecting the wrong transformer.

waynf

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Could email the guy on this site as he may still have these for sale:

http://saleinhalifax.tripod.com/

Item #15. He might be able to tell you the transformer required.

Ron