Jump to content

Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Multimedia Desktop speaker power supply

  • Please log in to reply



    Member 1K

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
This may not be exactly a question for computer people, but I purchased today a pair of Multimedia speakers at a yard sale(of all places) but looked in pretty good shape. They have a trade name on them ; "WaveSonic Multimedia Amplified speaker systems". However there was not transformer in sight, but I have quite a few of them around here.

However there was no transformer with the set, but I have quite a few around her, but there is no indication on the units what size transfomer should be use for input voltage.

I tried googling around but cannot find any infor under the search keyword of "WaveSonic" .

I took the power handling speaker apart and could only gather the following info marked on the speaker 3w, 3ohms, and 3A speaker.

wondering if i should have just left them there. I don't want to just try anything, I already cooked a set of Boss speakers a few years ago, by connecting the wrong transformer.

  • 0


Major Payne

Major Payne

    Retired Staff

  • Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Could email the guy on this site as he may still have these for sale:


Item #15. He might be able to tell you the transformer required.

  • 0

Similar Topics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

Microsoft Yahoo BBC MSN PC Magazine Washington Post HP