Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Advancing the text

• Please log in to reply

jengmn

jengmn

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am doing documents in MS Word 2003. The text is staying at the bottom of the page, only advancing up one line at a time. I am a very fast typist and would like the text to go up to the middle of the page, so that I can look at the new lines of type several at a time.

Any suggestions??

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Does pressing the enter key a few times to show more of the page help, or pressing the enter key then typing a number then moving back up the document keep the page showing between the top of the document and the typed number

jengmn

jengmn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Pressing the enter key a few times does move it up, but it takes me extra time to do that, and it's only good for that particular page. I'll try the number thing and see if that does it.

Thanks for your help!

Jennifer

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I use word 2000 and it doesn't have that problem. I'm kind of dumbfounded.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I have Word 2003 and it does not have this issue, maybe pressing help then detect and repair might do it