Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Connection Failure during ANY download

• Please log in to reply

Lidflipt

Lidflipt

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
I wasn't really even sure which forum to post this under. My laptop seems clean, I have a firewall (AVG, woot!) and use Superanti spyware weekly. I'm connected with a wireless Intel card to our home network 98% of the time.

So the problem= I will connect to the internet and ANYTIME I go to a page that requires multiple files to load (like a kodak photo album link) or if I visit someone's page that has music on it, I loose my connection during the data xfer. I have tried to update quicktime about 5 times in the last 4 days and loose my connection before the download completes. Even when sampling music on band websites, etc. without fail, my little "connected" icon in the lower right gets the red X and then my computer searches for the signal, finally a half a minute later it will reconnect. I haven't recently changed any settings or anything. This started a few months ago and I'm running out of ideas. My roommate is good with computers and he's tried about everything, even changing our wireless connection to unsecured to help, and it has not.

So can you?

Thanks!!!

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Lidflipt...

Are you using a download manager or some type of web accelerator?

wannabe1

Lidflipt

Lidflipt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
I think the router may have a signal booster built into it, but that’s about it..