Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Services and Controller App

• Please log in to reply

bloodyice69

bloodyice69

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi,

for the last 5 hours iv been trying to figure out why its encountering problems and having to quit. causing my computer to have to restart.

i thought it was a program problem, since i had recently installed an adobe reader. after the install i started getting problems.

i scanned with avg found nothing also cleaned my systems registry

i also use spyware blaster.

i force deleted stuff out of my temp folder recently as well using easy cleaner, could this be the problem?
i was following someone elses post about the same error and they said go to

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERcdea.dir00\appcompat.txt

but it cannot be found and says make sure the specified path is correct.

im currently using Sunbelt Personal Firewall, and it seemed to help . for awhile. when i try to load a game now, it starts dumping the physical memory.

Stop: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0CF50D6ADE, 0XF5CDBAB0, 0X00000000)

this is in the error report.

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERcdea.dir00\services.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERcdea.dir00\appcompat.txt

help would be appreciated.

HijackThis Log

Edit: Now im getting "DrWatson Postmortem Debugger" launched by the Services and Controller app, causing another system restart if i "send report" or "dont send" or if i "permit" or "deny" through my firewall.

Edited by bloodyice69, 20 July 2007 - 01:36 AM.

Advertisements

bloodyice69

bloodyice69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I'v just system recovered.

So dont worry about the help. Although if something like that happens again, ill ask for some help.