Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anyone getting the new Harry Potter book tonight?

• Please log in to reply

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Well I waited for 5 hours this morning just to gety a wristband so I can be the first to get the book tonight. Was second inline behing people that slept there since Monday. They had no life, anyways. So anyone going at midnight tonight to get it?

I know I am.

And what do you guy think about the recent leaks of the so called "ending"??

Advertisements

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Mail me a copy using one-day express please. I'll pay you back the $20 :whistling:

I wish I could stay up 'till midnight to get a copy... but no way in h*ll are my parents going to agree to that.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
I have some friends who are going to wait. I don't know why, next week it will be in all stores and you dont have to wait weeks to get it.

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Ya, thats true ScHwErV, but then you can't say you got it right as it came out, and you would miss out of the experience. I also would send ya copy Fredil Yupigo, but only got one wristband. Sorry

dllp117

dllp117

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
I'm not a huge Potter fan (compared to some people; I read the books a lot) but I'm definitely going to line up outside my local bookstore tonight, simply for the experience. And since it's such a momentous event, everybody will be talking about it in the days to come, so, inevitably, somebody who waits will accidentally hear what happens at the end. Not that that can't happen in line; last year, for the sixth book, some jerk who got the book first ran down the line shouted the ending (Dumbledore dies! Dumbledore dies!) but luckily enough people starting screaming,s o he was drowned out. But that ruined the book for me :whistling:

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Well I just got the book. Its 759 pages long, and is the same as one of th leaked copies :whistling:
Don't know if you heard about the lekaed copy that was a buch of photographs taken of pages, well I am sorry to say that that was the real book. So ya jusy wanted to let you all know.

Im prob gonna go read some right now :blink:

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
I'm at page 100! Kind of sad so far...

bobmad

bobmad

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Done reading. Tired....

My Mother and I were in line at 12:00 so we could each get a book. My wife found pictures on line and read from those...
My 14 year old got the book after me, and 11 year old will need to wait until Mom's done.

Liked the book. Cleared up a LOT of loose ends. I still would have liked and expanded ending part, more about people I've wondered about, longbootm, luny, Weaslys...even some teachers...

Trying to avoid any form of spoiler here...It's not easy.

Bob

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
I would have liked to know who was headmaster nineteen years later.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You could have just waited till morning and got it for £4.99 at Tesco they even sold it in the petrol station. I always hoped Rowling would pull out the stops for the last one maybe write it a bit better give it a bit more appeal to an older audience considering her original fans are now old enough to read the books to their own children(the first one came out the day before my tenth birthday) and they were good at the time and were for another few years but then either my expectations were too high or they just peaked at the 5th one but the last couple weren't great.

I liked bits of it ive already read it through once(got started a little early) and it's not quite what i expected really, the ending was just kind of an anticlimax and it wasnt as good as the first ones, and the ending could have been written by a 13 year old. It seemed rushed as well at the end, i could go on and on i just expected more.

Transience

Transience

Unofficial Music Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 2,448 posts
yeah the epilogue was a little anticlimactic, but i think the book did a really good job tying up all the loose ends and bringing together all of the little plot lines that had been running throughout the series. the part i find amazing is that j.k. rowling had the vision and forethought before she even starting writing the first book to be able to figure out all of these minute details and all of the ways in which they would converge and interact in the later books... that to me is what makes the series great.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I pre-ordered from Amazon.com ages ago - why wait in line when it will come to your door? I finished reading it this morning, and I enjoyed it. I agree that it was amazing she was able to keep all the loose ends floating around and keep track of them through all the books.

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Well I am still on chapter 3 :blink:

Just haven't had the time to read it, and would like to take my time so I have other things to do over the summer :whistling: