Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How can we improve Geeks to Go?

• Please log in to reply

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
not for me, but for users who need malware removal. it is easier to copy a fix that way.

Advertisements

Mythio

Mythio

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Oh I see..i want a button near say the title of the codebox that you can click to copy the entire content of the codebox. Could be a neat addition.

Jan1959

Jan1959

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
I just wanted to say that I have had fantastic help from JSntgRvr! It has been a whole month of problems bouncing back and forth, I was ready to throw my laptop in the bin but with his perseverance it is now up and running and as good as new!

I thought long and hard before joining Geeks to Go but I have been amazed by the excellent knowledge and service. I will recommend you to everyone that I know and please feel free to quote me.

Thank you for such a great website and i don't think that you need to improve it in any way! :D

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
Someone please fix the codebox... The extra whitespaces inserted in codeboxes are annoying.

edit: the codebox is apparently fixed right after me posting this. Please ignore this post.

Edited by devper94, 29 January 2011 - 09:34 AM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Ignored. :D

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

There should be a "Copy" button for quoteboxes and codeboxes. There would be less errors caused by copy-pasting with that. And I believe it's not hard to implement.

While we think this is a very good idea, it's really Admin's call as to whether it's hard to implement, as it's yet another mod to the forum software. He is looking into it, however.

Mythio

Mythio

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
I noticed that some of the icons for the forums seem to be very low quality.
Is that intentional (ie. no better picture available) or does this have another cause?

On my screen the Applications and Web browsers and email forum have a blurry icon.
I first thought this was related to using a white background on my screen, but the ones for Office and Introductions look fine..

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
You have a keen eye. I hadn't even noticed that. Maybe not so coincidentally they were probably my least favorite icons... so I replaced them.

Thanks for the feedback. :D

Mythio

Mythio

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Any chance the "link to us" banners could be improved?

I mean the two images found under http://www.geekstogo.com/link-to-us/ are just plain awful...
The logo at the top of the forum looks a lot more smooth and nice, it would make a nice clickable banner on its own or with some text underneath it like the existing ones have.

I'm active on quite some forums, and would like to use it in my signatures...but not the existing ones to be honest :D
If time is an issue I'm happy to have a crack at it.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
:D Those are pretty bad. Someone created those long ago, and they look like it. If you want to take a shot at creating some new ones -- feel free. :D

I have the logo as psd, vector, png... just let me know what you need via PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Just a question but is there away to add the link to us banner via Facebook?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I'm not sure I understand the question? However, I did just add a Facebook block to the sidebar. Not sure if it will stay...

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
I just noticed the CC-BY-NC button. What does that apply to ? The whole site content or just the logos... ?
Also, nice interface.

Edited by devper94, 06 February 2011 - 02:16 AM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Whole site. It was formerly "Copyright 2011 - all rights reserved". However, we've always let people copy content for non-commercial use, as long as they provide credit. This creative commons licensing more closely fits our needs.

Mythio

Mythio

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
@admin; you have a PM