Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Security Update Will NOT Install

• Please log in to reply

cathielacey

cathielacey

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 (KB928365) keeps failing. It downloads fine, but will not install.

It's been downloaded so many times now because I click the yellow icon in the system tray. Where is this located so I can delete all the copies?

What can I do to get this to install?

Thanks.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
It's usually in the Add/Remove Programs section of Control panel. You will have to check the box to show updates to see if it shows up.

Ron

cathielacey

cathielacey

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I went to ADD/REMOVE program and there was no Update for Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 (KB928365). Also, the yellow icon to install updates still remains as KB928365 will not install.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Did you check "Show updates" box before window was populated? Might do a search by KB928365 to see if it is on HD.

Ron

cathielacey

cathielacey

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I uninstalled version 2, then reinstalled it, followed by the update and it worked!

Here is what I did:

1. Use the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility to uninstall .Net 2.0: http://support.micro....com/kb/290301/

2. Then install .Net 2.0 again using this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100

3. After this the update will download and install without any problem.

Thanks Ron for reminding me to share how I solved the problem

Cathie

Edited by cathielacey, 21 July 2007 - 02:12 AM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Thanks for posting back and I'm glad you got the problem corrected. If you had to take certain steps for all this, would you post them for others who may have been following this topic?

Updated: Thank you for taking the time to return and post steps taken. Always great to hear someone got their problem solved. Thanks for using GTG.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 21 July 2007 - 03:47 PM.