Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Best Video Game Site

• Please log in to reply

PuffGussy36

PuffGussy36

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Does anyone know if there is a site like IGN or Gamspot that doesn't charge you to view hi-res or hi-def videos clips of new games? That is doesn't require you to become a paying member?

Don't these sites make enough money from ad revenue? Apple doesn't charge to view HD versions of their Quicktime movie previews. I'm surprised a video game site does. I'm not one of these people who expects to get everything for free. It just doesn't make sense for me to pay for a membership to a gaming site when I only check in on them about once a month if that. I like the video clips because you get a much better sense of what gameplay would be like. The problem is that the free low res clips are all but useless. The pixelation is horrible and the screen dimensions are small.

I like Gamespot. I like the layout and I've gotten comfortable with navigating. I'm just not going to pay for watching a (hi-res) video clip of a game preview.

Thanks.

Edited by PuffGussy36, 20 July 2007 - 04:20 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
http://gametrailers.com/

http://www.gamevideos.com/

PuffGussy36

PuffGussy36

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
I just watched the preview for Arena Net's Guild Wars: Eye of the North. Nice full screen in Media Player.

Game Trailers is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. :whistling:

burntchips

burntchips

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
www.megagames.com