Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

firefox.exe - Bad Image

• Please log in to reply

Wyrmz

Wyrmz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I don't know if this is the appropriate forum for this kind of problem but i was hoping I could get some help solving this;

C:\Windows\System32\lar\run.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. try installing the program again using the origial installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

That message pops up everytime my computers boots up. Any ideas? I tried checking the folder but it's empty..

It's been doing it for a fe days and its getting kinda of annoying.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
has anything on your system changed recently? Installed any new software? Having any pop ups or other flaky issues?

Wyrmz

Wyrmz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ive added many things. It's a new laptop so Ive been installing many games and applications. Cant even begin to name them all. I was however able to access the folder. It was set as hidden and found several files. I simply deleted them all and haven't had any pop-ups for several days now. I googled it and found it was just adware/spyware. Useless.

Thanx.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
Thats what I suspected it was. Feel free to stop by our Malware forum and get a checkup.

ucnyc2

ucnyc2

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same problem but it doesn't let me erase it under the folder options it doesn't allow me to click special permissions in order to erase it. Does anybody know how to get around this and erase it? Thanks be well.