Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Restore#2 Flush all Previous System Restore Points

• Please log in to reply

matlack

matlack

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I am trying to comply and follow the Malware Cleaning Guide. I use Windows XP Professional and am not able to access the - More Options Tab under the System Restore - #2. When I click on System Restore, I am only given 2 options, Restore Back or Create a new Restore point. I am not given the option to choose Clean Up.

Please instruct me as to where to look for this option/what to do.

Thanks

Advertisements

Jack Hackett

Jack Hackett

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
The option to delete all but the last restore point is found under the More Options of the Disk Cleanup utility
Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
What guide are you following? I may be missing something but I have never run across a more button in system restore, and the only way I know to clear system restore points is to shut off system restore, then reboot your computer and then re-enable system restore.

latigid

latigid

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Nothing is wrong. There are only 2 options on that screen.

If you want to clean old restore points follow directions in this link.

(go to disk cleanup first)

http://computerclean...em-restore.html

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

What guide are you following? I may be missing something but I have never run across a more button in system restore, and the only way I know to clear system restore points is to shut off system restore, then reboot your computer and then re-enable system restore.

Follow Jack's directions for the More Options tab and you'll see more then how to clean up old Restore Points.

Ron

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Yeah, I found that option now. Goes to show you are never to old to learn. I never use System Restore on any of my computers at home, I have it shut off on all of them. Not advocating the lack of use for any one else, I myself have never felt the need to use it nor have ever been in the position to need it.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I have needed a Restore point yet either, but the day I do I'll have one. Doesn't hurt to make one before downloading and installing programs or before making any major changes.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 21 July 2007 - 03:41 PM.

matlack

matlack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thanks you all! I was able to clean up the system restore.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You're very welcome and thank you for using GTG.

Ron