I hope this helps other people that are having difficulty with their windows updates! Thanks Again!!
Thank you for contacting Microsoft.
From the problem description, I understand that the update/s XXXXX failed to be installed.
The issue may be caused by the following factors:
1. The installation is affected by some third-party security software.
2. The downloaded installation file is corrupted.
In order to narrow down the cause of our issue, let's refer to the following steps:
NOTE: Some third party programs can affect the Windows Update service. If you are running any third party applications such as Spyblocker, Internet or web accelerators (programs designed to boost the speed of the Internet connection), security or anti-virus programs (Norton, McAfee, etc.), I recommend we temporarily disable or shut them down and then try accessing the Windows Update site later. Please be sure to enable them again when the update process has been completed.
Step 1: Reload the Update temporary folders
This step can help us reload the downloaded installation files.
1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.
Net stop WuAuServ
2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.
3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.
4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.
Net start WuAuServ
If it does not work, let's refer to the following steps to manually download and install the update in Safe Mode. In Safe Mode, any security software will not be launched.
Step 2: Download and install the update manually.
1. Please download the update from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads
2. Restart the computer.
3. Keep pressing the F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears.
4. Choose Safe Mode, and press Enter.
5. Please install the update in the Safe Mode.
Note: In Safe Mode, your system display and Desktop will look and perform differently than in Normal Mode. This is only temporary. We can just restart the computer to switch to Normal Mode.
However, if any error message is encountered when installing .NET Framework 2.0 and the update, please capture a screenshot for further research.
However, if the issue persists, please capture a screenshot when an error message is encountered:
How to capture a Screenshot:
1. When the error appears, please press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.
2. Click Start, click Run, type MSPAINT, and click OK.
3. In Paint, click Paste under the Edit Menu, click Save under the File menu, type a file name for the screenshot, choose JPEG as "Save as type", click "Desktop" on the left pane, and click Save.
Please try the steps shown above and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this issue, please don't hesitate to tell me. It is my pleasure to be of assistance.
Microsoft Windows Support Professional
Edited by mango_nj, 26 July 2007 - 03:58 AM.