Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HD problem

• Please log in to reply

k0rr

k0rr

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
*EDIT*

ok i got my ATA card to partially detect my HD
let me just redraw the situation...

i have a HD connected to an ATA PCI Card
i have a DVD-RW and a DVD-ROM connected as primary/slave on the only IDE port that my mobo has
im trying to reformat the HD
when i boot from CD, it asks me to press F6 to install any SCSI/RAID drivers, which i have done about 50 times.
but after formatting the partition and the system goes on to restart...it doesn't read my HD, as if the RAID/SCSI drivers got erased or something
if i skip the F6 step, my HD doesnt show up in the partition list

if i were to switch the IDE ports, and have my HD directly connected to my motherboard
and my DVD-RW and DVD-ROM connected to the ATA PCI Card, the two drives wont work.

any suggestions?

the ATA PCI Card is brand new btw.

Edited by k0rr, 21 July 2007 - 05:26 AM.

Advertisements

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
at the beggining of XP setup it will say something like "Press F6 to install any scsi or third party drivers". I'd just try doing that and installing the drivers that came with the card and see if xp recognizes it. Or see if the ata card came with a manual on the driver disk, it may have instructions for installing windows with it.

good luck

k0rr

k0rr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
i have, it only allows A:
the drivers are on a CD

k0rr

k0rr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip