Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow Network Startup /cry :(

• Please log in to reply

kazkie

kazkie

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
hi im having problem with my Network Startup, when im in my desktop i always have to wait for a minute or two for me to be able to connect to my DSL. What seem the problem here? Thanks ^_^

hope you could help ^_^ TY

Advertisements

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
its probably just you have a lot of startup programs starting at bootup. Unless your getting some kind of error message. And when you say "connect to you dsl" do you mean just starting Internet Explorer because with dsl you don't have to connect, your always connected.

ScorpioWulf

ScorpioWulf

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Yeah, I used to get this problem too. It's probably other startup programs slowing you down.

Have you tried:
Run... > type in 'msconfig', click Ok > click 'Startup' tab > get rid of some programs which you don't need.

You can also stop them from opening on startup by opening them up and going into their options.

kazkie

kazkie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
actually its been this way since , even i reformat my pc my network startup is still slow
i already uncheck some programs that i really dont need but i still have to wait for a minute or two for me to connect to dsl T_T

ScorpioWulf

ScorpioWulf

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Weird.
Do you use a router or something?
How does it "connect to the DSL"?

kazkie

kazkie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
i dont use my router anymore, because from time to time i have to reset the settings for example when i turn off the pc and then i use it again the router cannot recognize or unable to connect, so i need to reset the settings. T_T

i only connect the router when my other pc need to use the internet

ScorpioWulf

ScorpioWulf

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
OK - how does your computer "connect to DSL"?

kazkie

kazkie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I click the icon "myDSL" on my Desktop then i dial up, but It doesnt show up immediatly