Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

Copying your play disk

• Please log in to reply

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
I have a legal full copy of Battlefield 2. The 1st disk is the play disk. Can I make a copy of it and still play the game. My disk is starting to get minor scratches on it and I am worried it may not run properly once it gets to badly scratched. :whistling:

Advertisements

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
I don't think that it is legal to make a copy of the disk but you could use a product named D-Skin to prevent the disk from getting any further scratches.

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
Can you buy that stuff at Circuit City? Does it affect the reading of the disk in anyway, and have you tried that product?

Edited by MarkN, 21 July 2007 - 04:47 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Yes you can make a copy of the cd. Will it work when you go to play the game: nope. It will come back with "disk not found" as it is looking for the original disk.

Edited by starjax, 21 July 2007 - 04:53 PM.

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
I looked at the Circuit City site and Radio Shack for those disk protectors. Does anyone know of a similar product and where I can find them?

fortune82

fortune82

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
try here

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
I was hopeing to find them locally. I guess I will have to go looking around at local tech stores to find them. We all know that company websites don't list all their products, maybe Office Depot or something similar, even Wal-Mart maybe.

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
Stores that carry D-skin