Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"U" key not working properly...

• Please log in to reply

FyshStyx

FyshStyx

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi guys,

My U key isn't working, whenever I'm typing normally, tapping the keys with medium force, the U key is the only one that doesn't work. I can only get it to work when I press down hard. I have a laptop, so I don't know if I can lift the keys off like a regular keyboard withot breaking them. Does anybody know what the problem may be?

Advertisements

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Probably either dirt under there or it is worn out from use. You could blow dirt out with compressed air or use a vacuum cleaner to suck dirt out of the keyboard. What brand of laptop is it? I know Dell sells replacement keyboards for next to nothing.

ScorpioWulf

ScorpioWulf

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
If you're confident, you could also take your laptop to pieces and get to the keyboard from the back.
Does it feel like there's something under there? Try the compressed air, its cheap and usually fixes silly little problems.