Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Soundcard issue

• Please log in to reply

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
ahh just great, i always seem to have a sound card problem wit my computers... i recently built a new computer with on-board audio, so when i tried to play my dvd i put in, it gave me a message that there was no audio device, heres one of the messages it gave me

cannot playback the audio stream, no audio hardware is availble, or the hardware is not responding

i also went into my device manager and there is an exclamation point next to the catagory for multimedia audio controlers, ... and the pci modem has one of those too, dont know if that will help

please help me get my sound bak for this machine...(atholon xp 2800, 80 gig hd, 512 ddr... the works my friends, the works :D

i dont know what motherboard it is, kinda forgot!! <_< or what onboard audio it has) i need assistance to provide you on what it is, or to find out what card and board i have

Edited by silverslik1, 26 May 2004 - 04:20 PM.

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
when you got your motherboard you should have got a cd-rom with all the drivers for your mother board on it sound ,usb, ect. if you don't have that if you look on the motherboard it should tell you the maker and model and we can help you find the downloaded drivers off the web
<_<

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
my motherboard is asrock and the model number and k7s8xe

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician