Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 Versions of Office?

• Please log in to reply

KW2102

KW2102

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello,

I was removing programs from my computer and saw that I have Microsoft Office Standard 2003 installed and right under that I have Microsoft Office Professional 2003 installed. (I didn't install either of them, I guess they came with my computer?) I would like to remove one of these if possible as they are taking up a lot of disk space. I prefer to have MS Office Professional. The thing is, how do I know which one to remove without messing anything up?

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi KW2012. Welcome to Geeks to Go!

It seems odd that a computer would come pre-loaded with two versions of Office. I would think it more likely that possibly Access is installed under the Professional version and Word, Excel, and Outlook from the Standard version. I don't know... could be wrong, but that'd be the first thing to check.

If you do have two complete versions installed, you should be able to uninstall Standard. It should be clearly identifiable in Add/Remove Programs. I would have the Professional installation disk handy and do a Detect/Repair on Professional after you've uninstalled Standard. To do that, open Word (or Excel or Outlook), click the Help menu, Detect/Repair.

Good luck!