Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Everything blacked out

• Please log in to reply

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Well a friend of mine is running Windows XP SP2 Home Edition. All of the sudden everything in his window has turned black. Its like everything is blacked out. I have provided a screenshot of what everything looks like. He has the Start Menu up, Ventrilo, and X Fire. Any help would be appreciated. Heres a direct link to the screenshot.

http://img264.images...ackedoutij8.png

I have also tried having him run like ComboFix and SmitfraudFix just to see if he could. But he can't even run those. He hits 1 then Enter, and it just closes on him.

Edited by MoNsTeReNeRgY22, 21 July 2007 - 04:13 PM.

Advertisements

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
I would try switching back to a normal Windows theme, I had a similar problem once on a computer, I had to set two computer side to side and set them for the same resolution and open the Control Panel on the one I could see and read eferything and the move the mouse to the same position on the other one and by trial and error I was able to get it back to normal.

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Well that worked for him!!! He appreciates it very much cmw2010! :whistling: