Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ram Booster Expert 1.3

• Please log in to reply

kimmad

kimmad

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
My brother gave me Ram Booster Expert 1.3 and I wanted to know if its any good before I install it. I dont want to be kicking myself later for installing something that could cause system problems.

Thanks!

Kimberly

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i've never use that program (and frankly i've never used any "RAM" boosters)...their logic doesn't work for me....they claim to speed up RAM access and all that jazz...but it doesn't make sense to me how something that is ACTIVELY USING RAM at the time could possibly help the ram you have move any faster than it's designed to do...from my knowledge these programs allow for info to be routed out to the hard drive faster than normal or at least in a more organized fashion...but...i've never trusted those programs...just doesn't "jive" with me

i'd be more inclined to just buy more ram personally...that's known to work at speeding things up

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
RAM boosters to my mind are pointless pieces of software that cause more trouble than they are worth.
In most cases they "boost" RAM by shoving out pieces of data back to the hard drive and freeing up physical memory that way.
The problem is, the data they've pushed out was the same data Windows was using ten second ago.
Therefore you have to wait thirty seconds for Windows to load it all back up again, defeating the whole point of "boosting" it in the first place.

The only real solution to boost RAM is to buy faster speed RAM where available, or buy more of it.