Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

flat screen monitor

• Please log in to reply

hbetz

hbetz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
While typing in Microsoft Word, my flat screened monitor suddenly went black. The power button was still lit, but the screen had no picture. When the power was turned off and then back on, the picture came back for just a few seconds and then went black again. It's not related to the computer because when we put our old monitor back on, everything works fine. Any suggestions? I'm afraid the monitor has gone bad.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

While typing in Microsoft Word

Hmmmm it sounds like Word has bombed your monitor... :whistling: just joking!
Welcome to Geeks to Go!

Yes it does sound possible the monitor has gone bad. Have you checked the connections:

1. Unplug and plug in at the monitor (both power and video)
2. Unplug and plug in at the wall (power)
3. Unplug and plug in on the desktop tower (video)
4. Try using a different wall powerpoint for your monitor power.
5. Try using a different cable (both power and video)

If you have tried all these things and it still does it, I would believe it's faulty. I hope it's still under warranty for you...

Edited by ruthandtroy, 22 July 2007 - 12:04 AM.