Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OUTLOOK EXPRESS PROBLEM

• Please log in to reply

daba82

daba82

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
....I've been told by people I write to that on occassion my e-mail isn't recieved by them until hours later or even the next day. I've sent it thru my outlook express address and thinking that was the problem....sent it thru Hotmail. Doesn't seem to make a difference....maybe someone can give me some ideas........... :whistling:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This problem is caused by a hold up along the email chain. It is not uncommon for email to get stuck for hours on end on a server somewhere. Reasons for this are usually because of a backlog of messages or a server has gone down somewhere and every email that goes through that server has to wait. Whatever the reason, there's nothing you can do about it.

daba82

daba82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Well......that's a relief! Thought there might be "gremlins" in my pc and maybe I should start using "snail mail" again.......Thankyou VERY MUCH for the quick reply...... :whistling: