Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

built in webcam not working

• Please log in to reply

Shady

Shady

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
i just recently bought a notebook (HP Pavilion dv9308nr) and it has a built-in webcam (with mic). however, i cannot get it to "turn on" i've updated BIOS, the driver with firmware and still no luck. i called HP about it, and after discussing it with Habib he said i need to format my hard drive. i dont mind doing that (if ABSOLUTELY needed), but if there is a way around it, i want to do it. so with that in mind, does anybody have any ideas on what i can do to get my built-in webcam/mic to work? oh, and i have Windows Vista Home Premium.

Advertisements

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
What steps have you taken to try to get your camera to turn on?

Shady

Shady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
after i updated BIOS and the driver for it, i loaded the program "muvee producer" that came with the computer. went to the selection of "get video from camera" and that's when i get the error about the webcam not being connected, no power, whatever. i talked with a member of Geek Squad via chat online and he suggested i bring it in to the store. he thinks the camera might be dead. if it is, i hope it can be replaced or they can trade me even up for another notebook.