Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dongle help

• Please log in to reply

senna

senna

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi,

I really hope someone can help me through my uni assignment that is due soon.

The problem is with a program i am using. It uses a dongle, which i have and i know it works because i have used it before. Anyway, i installed an newer version of the program only to discover the dongle does not work with it, oh well i thought, so i uninstalled and reinstalled the previous known working version. But now the dongle does not work.

Basically im asking if someone knows what has been left behind in the registry? or something that i can delete that will enable the previous version to work again.

any help to help me complete this bloody assignment would be greatly appreciated

thanks! :whistling:

Ryan

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm assuming this is a "security dongle" that holds the licensing for some proprietary software....have you contacted the makers of that software? there's a possibility that when you tried to upgrade that it overwrote something in the registry...and that change stayed behind when you uninstalled that version...

you could also try using system restore to restore your machine to a date prior to the update attempt...this might work