Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help with making alittle program in notepad

• Please log in to reply

pito

pito

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Ok, first of all i want to know what source code notepad uses.[for making programs]

All i want to do in notepad is to display a little box with some text and after that give a command to notepad to open a .exe file, how do i do this????

I appreciate you help, Thnx in advance

-Pito

Advertisements

BirdieUK

BirdieUK

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
You need to compile source code to create an .exe

Unless you want to use batch processes, you need to think of a programming language you want to use.

pito

pito

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
allright what is the language that uses "echo" at the beginning???

i really dont know much bout this stuff =S also, what language do u have to use to make a .bat???? or is it any language???

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
That would be a batch script you are thinking of. A batch script is simply a bunch of (MS)DOS commands that can be easily executed many times. Now, if you wanted to display some text and open an exe file with a batch script, here's how you would do it:

@echo off
echo This is some text!
"C:\Program Files\Exe.exe"

If you want it to pause between saying the text and running the file, do this:

@echo off
echo This is some text!
pause
"C:\Program Files\Exe.exe"

Obviously you would replace "This is some text!" with what you want to say, and "C:\Program Files\Exe.exe" with the actual file you want to run.

Then, save the code (in notepad) as a .bat file. Then simply double click it, and it will run!

Any questions, just ask.

pito

pito

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Thnx a lot!!!!!

Do u know of a page where i can find a tutorial on batch script or a page where i can find commands???

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
This site is a very good resource for MSDOS commands. It also has a section on batch files.

Hope that helps.

pito

pito

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
All right thanx for all your help the info was great!!!!! Thanx for everything!!!!!!I appreciate your time :whistling:

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
No problem. I appreciate the excess exclamation marks. |75 41\\/4`/5 |\||(3 70 |-|31|> 4 |=3110\\/ 1337. :whistling: