Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New motherboard

• Please log in to reply

beanhead07

beanhead07

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey everyone, I have a friend that is wanting to get a new motherboard. He is upgrading his processor and the motherboard he has now will not support it. So without having to replace everything this is what he is looking for: a new motherboard that is compatible with DDR2 memory (up to 4 GB), has an onboard video card, that will support a Pentium D 3.4 GHz Hyperthreading processor, ATX (guess that should have been first sorry) and it doesn't matter if the video card slot is AGP or PCI Express. Now he only wants to spend between $80-$100. Can anyone suggest anything? I've checked tigerdirect.com, and newegg and haven't been able to find what I'm looking for. Maybe I overlooked something? Thanks in advance! :whistling:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You may be able to get a BIOS update for the current board that will talk to the new processor. Have you looked into that?

beanhead07

beanhead07

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks Neil, no I haven't checked into that yet, I will do that first. Hopefully it will save some money! Thanks! :whistling: