Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't view MS ward doc via IE 6.0 SP 2

• Please log in to reply

eftakhar

eftakhar

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I can not view any WORD doc. from the following link . It says "Page cano not be displayed"
http://www.fbo.gov/s...ttachments.html

But I can view them from Firefox. I have updated my service pack (office 2003 SP 2), I also downloaded the Office 2003 ward converter. I have deleted all the TEMP items. No Luck!!!

Please advice :whistling:

Thank you.

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi eftakhar. Welcome to Geeks to Go!

When you click one of the Word links, you should get a prompt to open or save the file. Are you getting that prompt? If not, trick right-clicking the link and choosing "Open in New Window". Does that help?

Take a look at 162059 and make the change it describes in Method I. It might help.

If it doesn't, what version of Internet Explorer do you have?

eftakhar

eftakhar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Linda
But No Luck. I am using IE6.0 SP2. It keep saying "The page can not be displayed". Any idea?