Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hotmail problem

• Please log in to reply

jerseygirl

jerseygirl

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I forward messages in Hotmail, it shows my attachment as messsage.txt ,
however, the people I forward to get only a blank message when they open the
attachment. I have the same problem when people forward me messages through the hotmail account. I never seem to have this problem with non hotmail accounts, I do receive their attachments. However, even when I forward a message, to a non hotmail account they receive a blank email. I have tried to cut and paste the message or pics separately and it still goes across blank. I have tried the MSN help, but its no help! This has been a problem over the last several months. I've had hotmail for 5 years and never encountered this. It is soo frustrating. Can anyone help, beside telling me to use another email account... thanks..:tazz:

Advertisements

hsande01

hsande01

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm having the same problem. I used to be able to copy and paste the message to a new e-mail and it would work. In about the last 10 days, it won't work to do that now either. I've tried everything. Nothing seems to work. How do you contact Hotmail to find out what the problem is? Their Help is useless for this problem.

hsande01

hsande01

• Pip
  • 3 posts
HI - I finally found how to get a question to Hotmail. It's here:

http://www.hotmail.m..._eform&_lang=EN

I sent them our question tonight. Hopefully, they will answer with something helpful in 24 hours. I'll let you know what they say. If anyone else is having this problem, it might help if we all bombard Hotmail support with the same question so they will fix the problem.

bartenders35

bartenders35

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi Jersey, Hsande,

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS, as I am changing from geek_y to cheek_y ;)

I don't have any trouble with HOTMAIL.
I am going to try to explain how to best choose email options in HOTMAIL.

When logged in, go to top right and see OPTIONS <- Click
Then MESSAGE REPLIES < - Click

Then Including Original Text When Replying, choose auto or manual
Advisable is AUTO
Then Original Text Indicator choose none, separator or symbol.
Depending on your choice of text indicator, you never have to copy and paste the original message.

Now here comes the cheek_y part ;)

If you have a NON hotmail address, you can use that one.
If you receive content, not suitable for your NON hotmail address, consider it IF is really necessary to FORWARD this.

Remember, forwarding is considered A type of SPAMMING. This is what started to create the whole VIRUS environment, as lots of spyware/ malware and severe viruses are attached to chainletters and so called jokes.

Now on A personal note, there is no offense intended, however, if we first try to look at our own email behaviour, there is no reason to BOMBARD anyone, not even Hotmail.

We ok?? :tazz: Hope this helps!
Thanks, B

hsande01

hsande01

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz: Sorry, I know you tried to help but all of what you suggested I have already done. My problem reaches beyond forwarding. It has to do with attachments. Hotmail is not allowing me to send attachments in the same manner that I could send them about two weeks ago. So I don't know what has changed.

I suppose you have a point that no one should bombard anyone. I was speaking from frustration over the fact that I couldn't get an answer from anyone. And, now Hotmail Support included. They "say" they will answer in 24 hours. No answer yet and it has been over 24 hours.

Well, thanks for your suggestion - I was really hopeful. If anyone else has an idea, I would be glad to hear it. Thanks again.