Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Access database (Office Pro 2000) Can't use it with Office 2003

• Please log in to reply

BW43

BW43

• Pip
  • 7 posts
:whistling: I used to use the software suite Office Professional 2000, which included Microsoft Access. My computer crashed, and I decided when I was rebuilding everything to put Office 2003 Student and Teacher Edition on it, which does not include Microsoft Access. I have a database that I use frequently and now I can't use it at all. I thought that a way to fix this and be able to use the database I would just reinstall Office 2000 Pro and choose to just install Access. I thought I could use Access 2000, and for the rest of the office suite programs I could just use the 2003 version. Wrong! Even though I installed Office 2000 on an external hard drive, my system wants to use the old version of all the Office programs. I know this sounds convoluted, but hope I've explained my problem well enough.
I want to use Microsoft Office 2003 Student and Teacher Edition, and because it does not contain Access, I want to have a standalone Access program. Is this even possible? And if so, how do I do it. Just so you know, I did try to do a customized install of 2000, but it installed all the programs anyway. Hope you can help me. If there's no way to use Access in this configuration, what database would you recommend, and is there one that I can export my Access database to, since it has over 500 records and I don't want to have to reenter all that data?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...you should be able to just install access from the office disk...you do the custom install..and untick everthing but access and that should do it...but if you did that correctly and it didn't work...there are some options

#1 buy access as a standalone program...the regular version is $200+ but the student version should be cheaper

#2 you could try open office...it's got a database program that can open up access files as well i believe