Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NO TOOLBAR/START MENU

• Please log in to reply

reem2514

reem2514

• Pip
  • 3 posts
For some reason that i know I'am the cause of,I cant access my start menu,it seems like it is hidden,the computer seems to be working fine ,no slow start or pop ups of any sort. I can surf the net fine and other then missing start menu,,clock, the computer seems fine.

if anyone can help me I'd really appreci8 it

thanx in advance

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Go to Kelly's Korner on this link. Click on no. 117 (restore taskbar and start menu) and run the fix.

reem2514

reem2514

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I dl'ed and ran it and still no fix,everything is still missing.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to restore to the computer to an earlier date. Since you cannot use Start menu please do the following:

boot the computer in safe mode with command prompt. To do so bootup the computer and immediately start tapping F8 until a menu shows up. Choose "safe mode with command prompt". When you see the prompt type: %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe. This will take you to the restore option. Choose a date earlier to the date in which the problem started and restore.

reem2514

reem2514

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
that seems to have done the trick :whistling:

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Thanks for letting us know.