Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Firewall disabled

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am running windows xp. When i try to enable firewall i go to control panel and click on firewall and get the message windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/internet connection sharing ics service. i have tried the Security Center which tells me the firewall is off and i click on reccomendations and enable and get message secuirty center could not turn on firewall. i called security pack 11 hotline and they didn't fix it either. I have disabled Macafee and also run a virus scan and have no viruses, aslso no spyware. Whats next?

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,585 posts
please go to event log (right click on my computer, manage). look under applications and system. look for anything with a read explanation point. copy and past the event here.