Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Import Sender Filter List

• Please log in to reply

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
i don't think there is a limit on the cuda as to the size of the blocked domain list....it also accepts regular expressions (if you know how to write them) which will allow you to kind of generalize some of the blocks....it also has different blocking criteria so you can block by ip and header blocking etc...etc...etc..

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
So basically there is a boatload more options to filter stuff with rather than just *@baddomain.com

I think I am now at the point of putting together a request for a barracuda. Just wanted a little inside info to help out.

Thanks.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
yeah...it's got bayesian filtering (basically teaches itself as it goes), header filtering (block, quarantine, tag), subject filtering (block, quarantine, tag), body filtering (block, quarantine, tag), ability to use RBLs, the barracuda reputation service (a barracuda custom RBL) and all kinds of other goodies

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Im speaking with a barracuda rep right now online, he is saying the 300 for 75 mailboxes and 30,000 mgs/day

Whats that rank with you?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
heheh...if that's the case...they've changed the specs...i've surpassed that level by a longshot

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
http://www.barracuda.../spam_specs.php that's their spec comparisons...clearly says 300 - 1000 users...and i know that i have gotten more than 30k messages in a single day

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I like that it has the Per user and syslog on the 300. Thats the one Im gonna put in for. My question is how do you set it up, if I put it in the rack with my mail server how does the incoming mail know how to go there first?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
well...you've got to change your MX records and some settings in your firewall (what make and model firewall do you have if any) to direct all smtp traffic to the cuda....basically your public MX record will point to the cuda...and you'll block all incomming smtp traffic that's headed for anything but the cuda so that people don't just directly spam your mail server

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
i have a sonicwall tz170 firewall.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
BLAH!!! hehe

won't be able to help you with the config there....barracuda ( http://forum.barracu...topic.php?t=115 ) and sonicwall should be able to though

looks like it can do NAT and PAT (though the PAT looks like it requires an add on module of some sort or upgraded OS) which is basically what you need to do the smtp blocking

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
yea yea thats my next project to upgrade. :)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
hehe do yourself a favor...get a REAL firewall :)

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Hahah I know i know, Im trying to clean up after that last guy that was here. Its a small company so its hard to get funds sometimes.