Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spyware(virusprotectpro.com) that has infected my PC, please HELP!

• Please log in to reply

Dottiedot28

Dottiedot28

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Please help because I don't know what to do. I came home today to find out that there is now a thing in my toolbar that looks like a sheild and it blinks a red x and a blue ? with a ballon popping up from time to time that speaks of syware. When you click on that sheild it brings up internet explorer to a site called virusprotectpro.com. We do have McAfee's Internet Security Suite 2007 but it is not picking it up in any of the scans. I did use the McAfee site advisor for this site and that is how I found out about your website. Can you please send instructions on what my family and I need to do to remove this thing so I will once again feel safe using my pc. I will warn you I am not all that computer literate so I will need detailed explanations on how to get rid of this if possible. You can contact me at the email address that I provided. Thanks in advance, Dottiedot28

Advertisements