Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player 11

• Please log in to reply

Gamblin22

Gamblin22

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I'm not sure what has happened but I am unable to see videos anymore. I get sound but no video just a green screen. I figure I've got something mis configured but dont know what it is. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gamblin22

PS-my operating system is windows 2000, windows XP, running media player 11.

Edited by Gamblin22, 24 July 2007 - 04:56 AM.

Advertisements

ScorpioWulf

ScorpioWulf

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Has this happened since you upgraded to WMP11?
Have you tried more videos? If it's just one you're trying, it could be a codec problem.

Personally, I don't use WMP for that reason. I suggest VLC Media Player (www.download.com, search VLC)

Gamblin22

Gamblin22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Thanks for the advice, it's only happened since the upgrade to WMP-11, that's why I thought I might have something misconfigured, but it could be a codec, I just don't know. It happens on other sites as well. I'll consider the VLC player.

Thanks,
Gamblin22

Gamblin22

Gamblin22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
After going through alot of posts I found the answer to the problem, if you have Windows Media Player 11, and you have audio but no Video, just a GREEN SCREEN, open your media player, go to files and select options, select Performance. Move the Video Accelerator tab all the way to the LEFT, and that should do the trick. At least that solved my issue.

Have a Great Day.
Gamblin22 :whistling:

Gamblin22

Gamblin22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
I also want to add that I went into the media player files - advanced settings- and unchecked the video overlay box. I then reset my video accelerator to the right. Somehow I managed to get it to work, I just had to play with it. There was no need to download any additional codec's for media player 11. Just thought I'd pass that on.

Gamblin22